October 25, 2019
Recognizing industry leaders annually since 2012
Ankeny, Iowa — The Iowa Soybean Association (ISA) seeks to recognize outstanding leadership from farmers and industry professionals actively advancing Iowa agriculture and the Iowa soybean industry.
Nominations for ISA’s annual awards are open until Nov. 17. Winners will be recognized at the ISA annual conference in January.
“The annual awards ceremony is a valuable way to thank those who work tirelessly for our industry,” said ISA President Tim Bardole. “I know it’s a busy time of year, but I encourage farmers to think about who would be deserving of some recognition.”
ISA will present the following awards:
- RISING STAR: A high school senior or college student who takes an active role promoting Iowa agriculture and has plans to remain involved in agriculture through future personal or professional activities. Includes a $1,000 education stipend. This award requires an application that can be found under the programs tab on the ISA website.
- LEGACY OF LEADERSHIP: An ISA member who is advancing the goals of the association and demonstrating a passion and commitment for growing the soybean industry.
- NEW LEADER: An ISA member who has actively grown in their involvement in ISA programming and has shown outstanding involvement in their community.
- ENVIRONMENTAL LEADER: An ISA member who is improving on-farm environmental performance and leadership in the use of precision agriculture tools and technology. Must have worked with the ISA Environmental Programs and Services or the On-Farm Network.
- INNOVATOR IN PRODUCTION RESEARCH: An individual, organization or company that has shown outstanding leadership in the use of precision agriculture and has worked to validate and effectively manage practices to improve profitability.
- FRIEND OF THE IOWA SOYBEAN FARMER: An elected leader or ISA partner who has shown a deep understanding of issues facing Iowa soybean farmers and has supported them through their actions and efforts.
- ADVOCATE FOR IOWA AGRICULTURE: An ISA member, individual, organization or company who effectively and accurately tells the story of modern agriculture and actively builds bridges between Iowa farmers and consumers.
To nominate a deserving leader, go to iasoybeans.com and explain why the nominee deserves recognition in 150 words or less. Include the nominee’s name, hometown, phone number and e-mail. Submit all nominations to Lauren Houska at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not funded by the soybean checkoff
The Iowa Soybean Association (www.iasoybeans.com) is “Driven To Deliver” increased soybean demand through market development and new uses, farmer-focused research and results, timely information and know-how and policy initiatives enabling farmers and the industry to flourish. Founded in 1964 by farmers to serve farmers, ISA is governed by a board of 22 farmers to advocate on behalf of the state’s 40,000 soybean producers, including more than 12,000 ISA farmer members and industry stakeholders.