Position: Communications Program Coordinator
Company: Iowa Soybean Association
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Department: Communications & External Relations
The Iowa Soybean Association, recognized for excellence in serving farmers and enhancing the long-term competitiveness of the Iowa and U.S. soybean industry and recognized as a Top Work Place by the Des Moines Register, seeks a talented, enthusiastic and motivated professional for the position of Communications Program Coordinator.
The preferred candidate excels in a team-centered, fast-paced business environment, possesses a strong work ethic and keen understanding of public relations and communications strategy and has a passion for serving farmers and engaging with societal influencers to enhance understanding and trust in modern agriculture.
- Coordinate the work of the Iowa Food & Family Project (Iowa FFP), a consumer-facing food and agricultural initiative launched by the ISA in 2011 and involving more than 30 farm, food and retail partners
- Develop and implement Iowa FFP program plan and budget
- Author and distribute timely content about modern agriculture and timely food news via Iowa FFP’s owned, earned and paid communications channels including web, social media, print and monthly e-newsletter
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to assess consumer attitudes about food and agricultural topics and to measure effectiveness of Iowa FFP strategies and activities
- Lead partner involvement in Iowa FFP including facilitation of Advisory Team meetings and strategic partnership with Live Healthy Iowa
- Author content capturing the success and progress of Iowa FFP for stakeholders
- Maintain strong relationships with Iowa FFP stakeholders and seek to develop new ones
- Author quarterly project/objective reports
- Present Iowa FFP activities to key stakeholders including Iowa FFP Advisory Team, partner boards of directors and ISA Information & Education Committee
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in event management, public relations, communications or related field. Passion for working with farmers and keen understanding of food and agricultural topics strongly preferred. Two – five years of experience in related field such as communications, public relations, industry relations and food retailing. Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to interact skillfully and courteously with farmers, volunteers, industry partners and colleagues. Fluent in social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat including content execution, optimization and metrics. Strong writing and public speaking skills. Demonstrated history of coordinating and completing multiple tasks on time and within budget and enthusiasm for project development and implementation. Capable of managing multiple assignments; committed to delivering quality work on deadline. Some evening and weekend travel required.
To apply, submit resume and a cover letter via e-mail by Wednesday, October 18th to:
Iowa Soybean Association
Sue Kmet, HR Specialist