Position: Regional Agronomist, Southwest Iowa
Company: Iowa Soybean Association
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Department: Research, On-Farm Network
The Iowa Soybean Association seeks to fill the position of Regional Agronomist for the area of Southwest Iowa. The responsibilities of the Regional Agronomist include implementation and execution of on-farm research projects, as well as developing written and verbal presentations of research results. The successful candidate will be an experienced and outgoing field researcher and agronomist who possesses outstanding verbal and written communication skills and an education or experience in precision agriculture and crop management. This person must work unsupervised independently and as a member of a team. The successful candidate must embrace the vision and goals of the Iowa Soybean Association.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Iowa farmers, consultants and university and company partners to successfully implement on-farm testing.
- Oversee the logistics of field operations related to specific on-farm tests being conducted.
- Interface with other team members, growers, agronomists, consultants and seasonal workers to ensure timely setup and completion of project protocols and objectives.
- Develop both written and verbal presentations, guides and protocols when needed, to support the general program.
- Track the status of the assigned projects from product delivery to harvest.
- Generate interest in trials through the recruitment of new growers and continual work with existing growers.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be willing to travel overnight and at times out of the state.
- Help develop communication materials relating to the program.
- Interface with team members to support communications and administrative needs.
- Bachelor’s degree (with at least 2 years of experience) or Master’s degree in Agronomy, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Ag Studies, Ag Business, Industrial Tech or related field.
- It is preferred, but not required, that applicants be a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Willing to travel, primarily within the state of Iowa
- Candidates must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access), and experience with agriculture precision equipment is preferred (AgLeader, Greenstar, Precision Planting, etc.). Preferred skills will include experience with unmanned aerial vehicles/drones, aerial imagery, GIS, NDVI and field mapping and cropping systems technology.
Experience at scouting and collecting data in replicated trials.
- Organized, self-motivated, dependable and able to work independently and closely with other team members.
The Mission of the Iowa Soybean Association is to expand opportunities and deliver results for Iowa’s soybean farmers. We are a non-profit, equal opportunity organization. To apply or get more information about the Iowa Soybean Association, go to www.iasoybeans.com.
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter expressing interest, skill sets and experience appropriate for this position, and a resume to Sue Kmet, Human Resource Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, submit resume and a cover letter via e-mail by Wednesday, December 13th to:
Iowa Soybean Association
Sue Kmet, HR Specialist