April 20, 2020
In this issue...
On the Cover
Mark Jackson, an Iowa Soybean Association past president, plants soybeans into terminated rye cover crops at his Rose Hill farm.
- CEO Kirk Leeds: Better data → better information → better decisions(pg. 4)
- USDA Offers Flexibility Amid Ongoing Pandemic (pg. 6)
- ISA Helps With Conservation Best Practices Manual (pg. 7)
- Built Strong: Iowa farmers along the Missouri River Confident in Levee Repairs (pg. 8)
- Science of Water Monitoring: ISA trusted source of data (pg. 12)
- Lessons Learned: Farmers share lessons from Cover Crops Bootcamp (pg. 14)
- Choose U.S. Protein First: U.S. soys approach lifts all protein sectors (pg. 16)
- Road Ready: Soy-based asphalt shows promise at test track (pg. 20)
- The Last Word: Corona Chronicles (pg. 23)