ISA hosts soil health and profitability workshops08/06/2019 | Crop Production Research, Soil Health, Water Quality, Economics
By Katie Johnson, ISA public relations manager
The Iowa Soybean Association’s (ISA) On-Farm Network® will host two events for farmers and landowners on how conservation practices can benefit their operation economically and environmentally.
“Making Soil Conservation Profitable” will be held Aug. 20 in North Liberty and Aug. 30 near Nevada. Both events will be from 9:45 a.m.to 3 p.m. and there is no cost to attend.
August 20 workshop, North Liberty
The Aug. 20 workshop will be at Hills Bank, 590 W. Forevergreen Road, North Liberty. Topics will include:
- Adopting conservation practices on the farm: Glenn Moeller, Next Generation Ag Advocates
- Megatrends affecting Iowa farming: Scott Nelson, On-Farm Network director
- Edge-of-field practices to reduce nutrient losses in the field: Shane Wulf, Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS).
Attendees will have the opportunity to network and engage in small group discussions. Catering by LJ’s will provide lunch.
Sponsors for this event include ISA, Next Generation Ag Advocates, Hills Bank, and Iowa Agriculture Water Alliance (IAWA).
August 30 field day, Nevada
The Aug. 30 field day will be at the Couser Cattle Co., 20408 620th Ave., Nevada. Attendees will rotate among three stations:
- Megatrends affecting Iowa farming: Rick Cruse, Iowa State University agronomy professor and director of the Iowa Water Center; and Scott Nelson, On-Farm Network director
- Adopting conservation practices on the farm: Bill Couser and his son, Tim
- Edge-of-field practices to reduce nutrient losses in the field: Shane Wulf; IDALS
- Conservation lease agreements: Speaker from Hertz Farm Management
This field day will also include small group discussions and networking opportunities between attendees. Lunch will be provided by the Story County Cattlemen.
Sponsors for the Aug. 30 event include the ISA, Hertz Farm Management and Iowa Agriculture Water Alliance (IAWA).
Contact Katie Johnson at email@example.com.
For media inquiries, please contact Katie James, ISA Public Relations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or Aaron Putze, ISA Communications Director at email@example.com
For permission to republish articles or to request high-res photos contact Aaron Putze at firstname.lastname@example.org. Iowa Soybean Association | 1255 SW Prairie Trail Pkwy | Ankeny | IA | 50023 | US
©2018 Iowa Soybean Association On-Farm Network®. All rights reserved. On-Farm Network® is a registered trademark of the Iowa Soybean Association, Ankeny, IA.Portions of some On-Farm Network trials are paid for in total or in part by the soybean checkoff.