In 2015, nine soybean farmer leaders participated in a pilot project with the Iowa Soybean Association (ISA). This group of leaders helped create a unique program called the ISA Experience that is part association understanding, part opportunity surfacing, part industry insight and a whole lot of networking building. We want you to be involved with and benefit from this program!
The class is open to any Iowa soybean farmer or anyone working in the ag industry. Participants must be 21 years of age or over. Costs of meals and lodging will be covered by ISA.
What will you take away from the Experience Class?
- Understanding of how the soy checkoff works and how the ISA 22-farmer member board directs funds;
- Connections with state and national soy industry partners, including the American Soybean Association, United Soybean Board, U.S. Soybean Export Council, Soy Transportation Coalition and more;
- Connections to ISA resources;
- Knowledge of ISA policy development and directives;
- Networking opportunities with industry partners and ISA supporters;
- Relationships with current and veteran ISA leaders.
2020/2021 Schedule (application window closed)
- June 24-25: (Ankeny) You’ll attend the ISA board of directors meeting and gain first-hand knowledge of how the budget is developed and funds are directed among proposed programs. This meeting takes place at the ISA office in Ankeny. You’ll arrive June 24 at 2 p.m. for a welcome and introduction session, followed by dinner/social and an overnight stay in Ankeny. The next day is spent attending and participating in the board meeting. The meeting will run from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., but you may leave after lunch if your schedule is tight. Dress for the first day is casual and the second day at the meeting is business dress.
- July 15: (Ankeny) Join the group at the ISA office in Ankeny for a session that will run 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
You’ll learn more about ISA Communications, the Iowa Food & Family Project and consumer engagement efforts, research and more. Dress is casual.
- Aug. 5: (Ankeny) We’ll meet at ISA and learn more about our national groups via staff members and Iowa farmer leaders who serve on these boards. We’ll also dig into ISA policy efforts. Dress is casual.
- FALL: The ISA Producer Services team will be visiting farmers during harvest and will schedule a visit with you.
- November/December: ISA will be out in the districts meeting with directors, delegates and farmers to discuss policy and other issues. We’ll make sure you are invited to the meetings in your district and hope to keep you engaged.
- Jan. 25-26, 2021 (Final Date TBD): (Des Moines) You’re invited to attend and be recognized at the ISA annual meeting and policy development conference.
Interested in participating in the 2021/2022 ISA Experience?
Fill out the form below or contact our Producer Services Team for more information.