In 2015, nine soybean farmer leaders participated in a pilot project with the Iowa Soybean Association (ISA). This group of leaders helped create a unique program called the ISA Experience that is part association understanding, part opportunity surfacing, part industry insight and a whole lot of networking building. We want you to be involved with and benefit from this program!
The class is open to any Iowa soybean farmer or anyone working in the ag industry. Participants must be 21 years of age or over. Costs of meals and lodging will be covered by ISA.
What will you take away from the Experience Class?
- Understanding of how the soy checkoff works and how the ISA 22-farmer member board directs funds;
- Connections with state and national soy industry partners, including the American Soybean Association, United Soybean Board, U.S. Soybean Export Council, Soy Transportation Coalition and more;
- Connections to ISA resources;
- Knowledge of ISA policy development and directives;
- Networking opportunities with industry partners and ISA supporters;
- Relationships with current and veteran ISA leaders.
- February 25: We’ll meet via Zoom to kick off the class! This session will feature an overview of ISA and the different organizations we partner with to support Iowa farmers.
- March 23: Iowa Soybean Research Center for Farming Innovation will be the focus of our March meeting. We’ll tour a soybean conditioning plant in Carroll, and hear from ISA’s RCFI team about opportunities to engage in research trials on your farm.
- June 30: You’ll attend the ISA board of directors meeting and gain first-hand knowledge of how the budget is developed and funds are directed among the proposed programs. This meeting will take place at the ISA office.
- August 5: In August, we’ll take a deep dive into the policy work that ISA does. We’ll plan to meet at the Iowa State Capital in Downtown Des Moines.
- September 2: Curious how Iowa soybeans move across the world? Join us for a lock & dam tour, as we talk about soybean demand and moving the pile.
Interested in participating in the 2021 ISA Experience?
Fill out the application below by February 16! Contact our Producer Services Team for more information or assistance.