Delegate Interest Form
ISA Delegates are comprised of 18 voting delegates and 9 alternates. Every year, ISA selects two farmers from each of Iowa's nine crop reporting districts to serve as voting delegates. One farmer is also chosen from each district to serve as an alternate. Together with the ISA Board of Directors, these farmers propose, discuss, and vote to approve policy for the upcoming year.
Policy surfaced, refined, and approved by the delegate body guides resource allocation, policy advocacy, and stakeholder outreach. Just like raising crops is a year-round activity, continuous, year-round policy development and advocacy makes all the difference here in Iowa and Washington, D.C.
Role of an ISA Delegate
- 9 farmers commit to a two-year term, 9 farmers commit to a one-year term
- Review ISA policy handbook for changes and/or revisions
- Attend your district small group policy meeting held winter of 2022
- Attend ISA Winter Soy Summit held January 30-31, 2023, to review, discuss, and approve policy
- Must be an ISA Advocate member in good standing
Interested in serving as an ISA delegate?
If you have additional questions, e-mail Whitley Frieden. (email@example.com)