Position: Public Relations Manager
Company: Iowa Soybean Association
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Department: Communications & External Relations
The Iowa Soybean Association, recognized for excellence in serving farmers and enhancing the long-term competitiveness of the Iowa and U.S. soybean industry and recognized as a Top Work Place by the Des Moines Register, seeks a talented, enthusiastic and motivated professional for the position of Public Relations Manager.
The preferred candidate excels in a team-centered, fast-paced business environment, possesses a strong work ethic and keen understanding of public relations and communications strategy and has a passion for serving farmers.
• Effectively communicate the mission, programs and activities of the Iowa Soybean Association and soybean farmers to enhance awareness, understanding and involvement among key audiences
• Manage the development and distribution of news releases, statements, feature stories and other communications for print, broadcast and digital media and oversee their distribution to local, state, national and international media
• Facilitate the timely reply of requests from media for information, sources, statements and background information
• Oversee association’s editorial calendar through continuous coordination with ISA program directors including the topics of production research, trade, policy, transportation, member services, conservation/environment and agricultural education
• Prepare and maintain media kits and assist with coordination of media and editorial discussions
• Assist with drafting speeches and backgrounders for ISA staff and farmer leaders
• Coordinate outreach to media to advance association’s reach and reputation as reliable and credible voice for soybean production and issues critical to Iowa agriculture
• Assist in editing information distributed by the Iowa Soybean Association through owned, earned and purchased communications
• Participate in strategic planning activities that enhance grower awareness and member affinity and engagement in ISA
• Assist in the continued growth and effectiveness of ISA consumer outreach and agricultural awareness initiatives
Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications or related field with at least 3-4 years professional experience; knowledge of farm and agricultural issues; strong writing and copy editing skills; passion for serving farmers and the needs of farm/news reporters and bloggers; fluent in social and digital media; capable of managing multiple assignments; committed to delivering quality work on deadline. Some evening and weekend travel required. Candidates possessing farm and agricultural-related background and accreditation in public relations (APR) preferred.
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter by Wednesday, April 26.